- The Maine Windjammer Association includes 8 traditional Maine tall ships, ranging
in size from 64 to 132 feet on deck. Five of the windjammers are National Historic
Landmarks. All of the vessels are privately owned and operated.
- Each windjammer carries between 17 and 40 guests and 4-10 crew members.
- Windjammer cruises are for people of all ages.
- The windjammer fleet hails from the ports of Rockland and Camden,
located in the mid-coast region of Maine.
- Transportation is available via the Portland International Jetport, with limousine
service to the Rockland/Camden area. Commuter air service to the area is also
available from Boston. Bus and Amtrak train services are available from Boston
and Portland. Parking is available.
- The Maine coast, with more than 3,000 islands, is considered one of the best and
most beautiful sailing areas in the world. Each night the windjammers drop anchor
in a peaceful port or harbor where guests may go ashore and explore.
- Guests may participate in all aspects of windjamming, including hoisting sails, taking
a turn at the wheel, navigating, or helping out in the galley if they choose.
- "Schooner-cooked" meals are served family style. Menu items include fresh seafood,
roasts, garden salads, chowder and homemade breads and desserts. A lobster bake
on a Maine island is featured on every six-day trip and on most shorter cruises.
- Accommodations are simple, consisting of single, double and triple cabins, all with
comfortable mattresses, fresh linens and plenty of warm blankets. All of the vessels
offer hot showers.
- Seasickness is rarely a problem, due to the easy motion of the vessels and the
protected waters they cruise.
- All vessels undergo rigorous U.S. Coast Guard inspections and carry ship-to-shore
radios and other electronic navigational devices.
- The vessels sail the coast of Maine from late May to mid-October. Use our
Cruise Search to find your perfect vacation.
- Request a set of brochures or contact the Maine Windjammer Association
- Windjammer sailing vacations are affordable: three- to eleven-day cruises range
from $595 to $2,495 per passenger, all meals included. Charter groups and families
- It's a vacation experience unlike any you've probably had.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Maine's unspoiled coastline up close.
- Unplug. Relax. Unwind. And experience the freedom and joy of sailing by wind.
Voted #1 New England Attraction, About.com's Reader's Choice Awards, 2013 Contact Us Today! 1-800-807-WIND